Gary welcomed Aziz Velji, teacher of human potential and author of “CALM BRAIN, POWERFUL MIND: Abolish Stress to Unleash Your True Potential”. CALM BRAIN, POWERFUL MIND is a comprehensive and seminal self-help book about how a person can eliminate stress from their lives in order to access the inherent power of their mind, and live a happy, healthy, and creative life. Gary and Aziz had a great chat about beliefs, thoughts, actions, mindfulness, meditation and the ability for change!
What you’ll learn:
- We have two ways or mindsets to respond to events – fear, unhappiness, stress, OR happy, calm, alert, resilient mind.
- Why the first 7 years program our beliefs for the rest of our lives, by people who want the best for us, but are teaching us what they know
- 70-75 of programming delivered to us is counterintuitive to our needs and is subconscious
- a child doesn’t know cause and effect, and this results in “I don’t deserve it mentality”
- After age 7 the conscious mind starts to evaluate our beliefs and our thoughts.
- Our beliefs become thoughts, which become our words, which become our actions, which become our habits, which become our values
- Do we have the ability to change our beliefs
- You face a crisis and you use the subconscious mind to solve the problem
- How do you approach changing your beliefs
- What is a Mental Diet?
- What is ‘mind chatter’?
- The brain has a negative bias and how that plays out for us
- Our mind is like velcro for negative thoughts, and teflon for positive ones
- What is observing your thoughts?
- Why you want to split yourself into two – watching and doing
- When we are present, there are no thoughts, we are fully enjoying an activity – some have trouble maintaining it, so we switch back to the subconscious
- Most people spend 95% of their day in ‘mind chatter’ / subconscious
- Why meditation is SO powerful!
- And MORE!
As a student, teacher and author, my background encompasses specialized areas of study and expertise in philosophy, psychology, meditation practices, quantum physics, brain enhancement, neuroscience, and lucid dreaming (or what is called Dream Yoga). My formal education includes postgraduate degrees in engineering and business management. I have applied these areas of study and formal training to better understand the nature of reality, the relationship between the brain and the mind, and to further advance society, humanity, and most importantly, our potential as human beings.
My book, “CALM BRAIN, POWERFUL MIND: Abolish Stress to Unleash Your True Potential” is coming out in a few weeks.
CALM BRAIN, POWERFUL MIND is a comprehensive and seminal self-help book about how a person can eliminate stress from their lives in order to access the inherent power of their mind, and live a happy, healthy, and creative life. There are many books that discuss ways of controlling stress, but this book seeks to help the reader understand the true causes of stress, and how the various parts of the brain are critical in its development… and ultimately, in its removal. As well, the book explains and provides the tools (like meditation) that can be used to eliminate stress from a person’s brain, mind and their thinking.
I also teach my “Conversations with Friends” series of seminars and workshops which are based on the book.
Phone: 416 669 9539
Email – email@example.com
website – www.azizvelji.com