Episode 62 – Staying Healthy Mentally & Physically during COVID w/ Carlos Yu
In this episode, Gary speaks with his personal MD, Dr. Carlos Yu. Dr. Yu specializes in getting people OFF their medications, responsibly, by replacing the effects of the meds through meditation classes, nutrition, etc. Their discussion delves into social contagions, COVID 19 and what it does to the lungs, social media hygiene, exercise, etc. and they do a LIVE 2 minute meditation!
What you’ll learn
- Is the fear spreading faster than the COVID virus itself
- The benefits of social media hygiene
- How to balance alone time with sheltering in place with your family
- Why walking outdoors is very valuable during this epidemic
- Can healthy nutrition help battle COVID, and the role of flavonoids
- There are at least 5 Corona viruses
- Why younger people with existing health challenges can get COVID
- Microbiomes, gut health and more
- Are people dying that are essentially healthy
- Why Italy was the hotspot for the longest time
- The numerous benefits of meditation
- Myths about meditation
- Why over sanitizing is note necessarily the best course of action
- Addictions in the current world
- And a LIVE meditation!!
- And MORE!
Dr. Carlos Yu, BMath, MD, CCFP(EM), CTH, FCFP
Dr. Carlos Yu is a Psychotherapy, Addiction Medicine, Integrative Family medicine, Emergency medicine, and Travel Medicine Physician at Ajax Harwood Clinic. Carlos graduated from the University of Western Ontario and completed his residency training at North York General Hospital. His interests also include promoting population wellness through giving talks or running wellness groups at schools and other institutions.
He runs weekly Accu-stress Reduction and Mindfulness -based Intervention groups open to everyone from his clinic in Ajax.
He received group facilitation training through Mindfulness Without Borders, a non-profit organization that delivers mindfulness training to help individuals manage stress and emotional difficulties.
Website/contact info for Dr. Carlos Yu