This month I had the chance to sit down with the one and only Sarah Larbi, one of the founders of the REITE Club. Sarah is an active real estate investor, the host of 2 different podcasts, mentor, coach and so much more. If you want to learn from someone making BIG waves in the world of Real Estate investing, you have to listen to this episode. Great sound advice offering unique strategies and tips.
Sarah Larbi specializes in helping take the mystery out of home ownership for Canadian’s who thought real estate investing was going to be out of reach. She has earned their trust and respect by having the drive and focus to embark, build and grow a seven-figure, 9 property investment portfolio by her early 30’s.
Sarah’s goal is to inspire and train other fellow Canadian’s to realize their own property owning dreams by sharing her 7-step investing process through her online training programs. This has helped her students go from first property, whilst fully employed, to planning retirement in around 10-15 years.
Her results-oriented approach has been featured in The Toronto Star, 1010 News Talk Radio, and Canadian Real Estate Wealth Magazine as well as numerous online media. She is an invited speaker at the Canadian Real Estate Wealth Investor Forum and is often a guest on numerous North American finance focused podcasts.
Her boundless drive, energy and continued focus on knowledge building and personal development see’s Sarah as host of her own podcast “Where Should I Invest?”, that has reached a Top 25 ranking on Apple podcasts. In the podcast Sarah interviews fellow real estate investors about their strategies and geographical focus, providing valuable insights to her audience with actionable tactics for their own real estate goals.
Sarah has spoken on investing at several professional networking groups and as co-founder, she also hosts regular investor learning sessions, for experienced and newer investors, through the successful REITE Club.
When not attending various real estate and investor conferences and events or looking for her next investment property, Sarah can be found enjoying her time outdoors with friends and family, trying out new restaurants and brunch spots, or hanging out at a local Starbucks.
What you’ll learn on this call;
- How long should you stay at your job before quitting and investing full-time?
- How finding her tenants first lowered the amount of vacancy she had in the beginning?
- What’s the BRRR strategy and how can it speed up the growth of your portfolio?
- The importance on focusing on one market vs multiple areas.
- How do you continue to keep financing your properties without using your cash?
- What is dead money and why most people don’t use it to their advantage?
- The difference between good debt and bad debt and how to use it.
- What is the ideal amount of time you want to keep a tenant in your property for?
- The difference of using a mortgage broker vs. going directly to the bank.
- The importance of mindset and the people you surround yourself with.
- When is the best time to invest in Real Estate?