Episode 45 – Addiction, Meditation and Creating a Healthier Life With Dr. Carlos Yu
On today’s show I had the chance to sit down with Dr. Carlos Yu and what an eye opening interview. One of his many missions are to help his clients get off of modern-day medicine, stop the suffering from addictions and to have them take back control of their lives.
What you will learn on this call:
- What is addiction and what causes it?
- Is addiction only drug related or can you be an addict in other areas?
- The cycles of addiction and how to stop it before it begins.
- How do you know if you’re an addict and the symptoms?
- Is addiction a disease or a mental health issue that can be reversed?
- The importance of getting to the root cause of addiction and how to do it.
- What are flavonoids and how they can help your cravens and overall health.
- Why 30% of Ontarian’s are Diabetic or Pre-Diabetic and how you can stay healthy.
- What types of food should you have in your daily intake?
- How to improve the performance of your mind through one simple task.
- What is B.A.M. and how it can change the way you process information.
- Is social media a problem and should we continue to use it?
Carlos Yu BMath, MD, CCFP(EM), FCFP
Assistant Professor Queen’s University and McMaster University; Lecturer at University of Toronto (Adjunct); Peer Leader, OntarioMD.
Dr. Carlos Yu runs self-management education and support groups to prevent and manage chronic physical and mental conditions. He provides experiential learning opportunities for other healthcare providers and medical learners interested in learning how to organize such groups. Due to their innovative patient engagement strategies, the Ajax Harwood Clinic received Merck’s Patient First Award and selected by CFPC as a “Success Story of Patient Medical Home”.
Dr. Yu also works as an emergency physician and enjoys farming.