One of the biggest reason’s why people don’t get into Real Estate investing is because of one main obstacle. The fear of tenants and what they could possibly do to your investment property.
Howard Tavroges has dealt with thousands of landlord and tenant cases and has seen almost every scenario. After working strictly with tenants for approximately 5 years Howards main focus today is representing Landlords and navigating them safely through the weeds of understanding the residential tenancies act.
What you will learn on this call:
• What documents you can and can’t ask for during screening
• How to legally tell a tenant you are not going to select them?
• The new rules and regulations the government has imposed
• What landlord and tenant forms you need to keep handy?
• What if a tenant won’t let you into your investment property?
• How to handle tenants that have pets
• Can you take a security deposit?
• How much can a landlord charge for late rent?
• Can a tenant sublet your property whenever they want?
• Can you legally ask for a criminal check?
I am a licensed member of The Law Society of Upper Canada. In 2006, I started at the Community Legal Clinic Simcoe, Haliburton, Kawartha Lakes.
I was Tenant Duty Counsel at The Landlord and Tenant Board between 2008-2013. This gave me the unique opportunity to deal with Thousands of tenants and so many different landlord and tenant situations.
I have been in Private Practice since 2013. I only represent Landlords. That’s all I do. Nothing else.
Having been on the other side, I am in a very advantageous and unique position in being able to assist landlords with any problems they might be experiencing with their tenants.
My philosophy is to provide all of my clients with superior, high quality and cost effective legal representation. I have an exemplary reputation for diligence, preparedness and a comprehensive knowledge of The Residential Tenancies Act.