On this call we have an incredibly talented entrepreneur, Andy Tran. Andy is an expert in creating secondary suites in single family homes and he wrote a book on 2nd Suites – A beginners Guide. This Podcast is incredibly informative and is a great strategy to create cash-flow from a property that wouldn’t as a single family home.
What you will learn on this call:
• What is a secondary suite
• What are the benefits of creating a secondary suite
• What’s the difference between a duplex and a secondary suite
• The process of legalizing a single family home into a 2 unit
• How difficult is it to work with the city
• What is Bill 140 and how can you benefit from it
• The BIGGEST obstacles investors face with this strategy
Andy Tran’s Bio
From 2011 to present, Andy has been the Manager of Education Development for Carson, Dunlop & Associates Ltd., an engineering firm and private college specializing in home inspections since 1978. He is also an instructor for Ontario students wishing to become home inspectors.
Andy has seen numerous 2nd suites as a home inspector, and advised many homeowners on how to do it correctly. Many were poorly constructed, some were outright dangerous, and most were illegal.
Andy hopes to provide as much information as he can based on his research, experience and training to assist those who have an interest in building it properly.
Contact Andy Tran
Website – suiteadditions.com