What you will learn on this call:
• What to look for before selecting an accountant
• Should you incorporate before purchasing an investment property
• What are the tax benefits when Incorporating?
• When you Incorporate, does this implicate mortgage qualification?
• The BIGGEST mistake Investors make and how to avoid this pitfall
• What’s the best strategy for withdrawing funds from your Corp.
• If you do the work yourself can you write off sweat equity?
• What application should you use for book keeping?
• What are the new rules and regulations you should be aware of
A veteran real estate accountant and investor whose practice focuses on providing the knowledge and tools clients need to increase and preserve the value of their businesses, George is a frequent guest speaker at an assortment of meetings, events and workshops through the year. There, he addresses a variety of tax and accounting topics with implications for real estate investors, with a particular focus on tax strategies. He talks about ways investors can improve communication with their accountants and better organize their financial affairs. George also updates listeners about how their businesses are impacted by rule changes in the accounting and tax industries.
George jointly established the predecessor to Dube & Cuttini Chartered Accountants LLP, in 1997 after several years with national accounting firms. He is a graduate of the University of Waterloo’s Master of Accounting Program, where he completed a double specialization in Taxation and Public Accounting. He also completed the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants’ two-year In-Depth Taxation Course.