In this episode, Gary was a guest on Sarah Larbi’s podcast, a real estate investor, speaker, podcaster and mentor with many years of experience. They had a wide-ranging discussion on many topics, such as investing, currency, and how business will need to innovate and change to survive this pandemic for the future.
What you’ll learn
- Gary’s opinions on money, and the historical significance of investing
- The significance of WW1 and investing
- the significance of gold on currencies
- Why countries aligned their currencies to the US dollar in 1944 and became FIAT currency
- Why wars caused these countries to print money, and the ramifications
- 1971 Nixon unpegged the currency and the dollar became paper!
- How COVID-19 interrupted economies, and why countries will have to print TRILLIONS of dollars to keep the economies going * What will be the plan to deal with all this excess currency, is it inflation?
- Will governments be able to bail out or rescue every business affected?
- What is the silver lining in this crisis – innovation, and what it means!
- How jobs will change, move or be made redundant * How the workforce may change due to COVID changes, and how will the culture change – ‘water cooler’, traffic, etc.
- How local manufacturing, vs foreign may dominate the future
- How we’re repositioning our business to prepare for the future
- Why some investors are worried about being over leveraged
- Why good landlords are having more success, both now and during non-pandemic times
- How landlords can innovate to accept alternate forms of payment if needed
- House price predictions for the future
- And MORE!
Sarah Larbi had the drive and focus to embark, build and grow a seven-figure, 10 property investment portfolio by her early 30’s, all whilst full-time employed. Known as the BRRRR Expert, her results-oriented approach has been featured in numerous Canadian media, on the stage at events like Canadian Real Estate Wealth Investor Forum and as a guest on many North American finance-focused podcasts.
Sarah hosts her own podcast “Where Should I Invest?”, which reached the Top 50 of All Time for Canadian Investing on Apple podcasts and is also co-founder of The REITE Club and co-hosts their own successful podcast.
Interested in learning more about Real Estate Investing? Visithttps://www.smarthomechoice.ca